HELP – some old content is still missing

Home Forums General I-War Talk HELP – some old content is still missing

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Okay, I will reconsider adding all Torn Stars-related material into the Downloads section, since you all seem to like it so much. πŸ˜‰

Space. The final frontier.

admin
    Keymaster

Due to popular demand (:P) I have added Torn Stars and Epic: Middle States to the download section:

http://www.i-war2.com/downloads/category/48-torn-stars

Couldn’t find a logo, though. So I stole acquired the download logos from their official website. If someone hates me for this, shoot me a message πŸ˜‰

Lux_Tenebreque
    Participant

Found something in my plugins-folder that deals with the “wolfs lair”-problem. With just as much, but a different flavor of, fridge-logic as using Az and Lori to avoid the “corporate holdings”-crash…

Attachments:
    admin
    Keymaster

Very helpful πŸ™‚

I will add it to the patches section so people find it easily.

admin
    Keymaster

I just noticed, that the Epic Online Mod is gone. It was never hosted here.

Epic Online is a mod where you can trade and fight online and can use your traded stuff in SinglePlayer. Originally here. If you have it, please share!

admin
    Keymaster

Thanks to akula65 we finally have the Independence War Neutronium Demo! πŸ™‚ It’s a bit tricky to install (you need a 16bit system), but it works.

He also found the very first I-War Demo I didn’t even know of, since it wasn’t listed on the archived website.

Nothing really important missing anymore, I guess πŸ˜‰

admin
    Keymaster

A little update:

I just got two massive Excel lists with missions, mods, music, screensavers, models and tons of other stuff from both games I have to skim through.

All of these files come from akula65, who has collected them over the years and is kind enough to share them with us. πŸ™‚ Buy him a beer (or better: loads of beers).

This will eventually result in a massive update to the website, but it’s a lot of work to sort everything out and I imagine it will take a lot of time to transfer all of it to me.

Chessking
    Participant

I always wanted the desktop theme originally available from here.
    Sounds like a lot of good stuff!

This is one tough navy, boy. They don’t give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

admin
    Keymaster

Me too. They would certainly spice up my old Windows 98 notebook. πŸ˜‰

They are on my wishlist. I haven’t gotten any files yet, but I received a big linklist, too! So I was able to retreive a lot of stuff from archive.org and I’ll upload all of that soon.

IronDuke
    Participant

I just noticed that some wallpapers that come with the gog.com version of I-war 1 aren’t in the downloads section.
    In fact, I don’t think the I-war soundtrack is on there either.
    I have both, but they’re too big to upload. How should I give them to you?

–IronDuke

I-War 2 Discord: https://discord.gg/RWaabWB
    Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. πŸ™‚

Chessking
    Participant

The I-War soundtrack is in the downloads section here. You will notice that not all of the names are included, but it also includes tracks that were not with the final game. As for wallpapers, there are a lot of images in sections that may be passed over; such as in the website building kit or the I-war 2 slideshow preview. But you never know, its worth a shot. πŸ˜‰

From my experience, uploading to Dropbox would probably be the best way to get files to Shmatzler.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don’t give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

IronDuke
    Participant

That’s the I-war2 soundtrack. What I’ve got here is the I-war1 soundtrack. Boy, is it epic.
    Same for the wallpapers. I-war1.
    Dropbox sounds good, but I’ll wait for Schmatzler himself to see if there’s another way he prefers.

–IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. πŸ™‚

admin
    Keymaster

We have some songs from the I-War 1 soundtrack, but not the full one. Here:

http://www.i-war2.com/downloads/download/33-goodies/349-defiance-music

I can only upload content that has been made available for free in the past. The I-War 2 soundtrack (including unused tracks) was made available on the Infogrames FTP back in the day for everyone to enjoy, so it’s online here, too.

Where did you get the soundtrack and the wallpapers? If they’re part of the GOG bundle we can’t put them here.

Edit: I think the I-War 1 wallpapers from GOG are high-res stills of the opening cutscene from Defiance.

I remember that Andy Turner had some of them on his website, but all of the high-res renders are broken on the archived website. I can’t share them with the GOG footer at the bottom.

Chessking
    Participant

Wow, you’re right! I never noticed that the I-War 1 soundtrack wasn’t on here. I agree, it is a great soundtrack.

Storm Petrel

IronDuke
    Participant

You’re right, Schmatzler. πŸ™ Silly me. That would explain why they aren’t on here already.
    Think you could use the soundtrack though?

–IronDuke

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.