HELP – some old content is still missing

Home Forums General I-War Talk HELP – some old content is still missing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

I’ve uploaded a lot of stuff I found via archive.org and things that were provided by other users – thanks for that!

Some stuff I’d like to have is still missing though:

-Surprise: Introductions (by Brennen Guillory & Errol Pinto)
    There was originally a link to these I-War1 missions here. As of now, it is broken. If anyone still has this mission, help me out please.

The demos mentioned on the old website
    There were three demos on the old I-War website. We now got one more that wasn’t listed there, but this one is still missing:
    – Independence War Evacuation (CGW) Demo

If someone has it, please share! πŸ˜‰

Epic Online
    The Epic Online Mod is gone. It is a mod where you can trade and fight online and can use your traded stuff in SinglePlayer. Originally here. If you have it, please share!

That’s all for now. Maybe we can find the last missing things together.

If you have any other stuff, please reply to this message or mail us at admin@i-war2.com .
    We’re interested in everything about the old games. Be it demos, wallpapers, news articles, missions, mods or other things.
    Please don’t try to send us stuff from the GOG version of the game. We’re not allowed to redistribute that.

Space. The final frontier.

jetski
    Participant

I have a paper copy of the original I war manual (English version) but also This PDF of the Special Edition manual.

Attachments:
    admin
    Keymaster

Thank you! πŸ™‚

I will add it to the download section tomorrow.

Chessking
    Participant

The Cormorant’s place website that was on geocities before it was shut down was archived by oocities. Here is the link: cormorant’s place

This is one tough navy, boy. They don’t give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

Chessking
    Participant

I saw that your Defiance intro in the I-war 1 goodies section of the downloads is in German. Here is an English version.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don’t give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

admin
    Keymaster

That’s interesting. So ATARI just took the German intro and put it on their website.

I even changed the language to English on their website, the “trailer” was still in German. Meh, it’s an old game, I guess they didn’t really think about it.

The intro from Youtube is in poor quality, they can keep it. πŸ˜€ Thanks for Cormorants website, though.

Chessking
    Participant

You’re welcome.

Storm Petrel

Chessking
    Participant

I think it might be a good idea to put the cormorant’s website in the links page, because it has a couple of mods not available on this website, such as the Flitter and the drone. It also has many mods for Independence War one which I have not seen anywhere else. In addition, I noticed that the link on the old website for the Independent Trading Post doesn’t work. I think you have all of the downloads on this site, but it seems that the Trading Post belongs with the old website.

Storm Petrel

admin
    Keymaster

Damn, I thought I have everything on this website now. Guess I didn’t look hard enough πŸ™‚

I will add a link soon and mirror the missing content.

I actually crawled the old website with a script. I looks like the script didn’t like the link. But the Trading Post Website has been mirrored here:

http://www.i-war2.com/oldmainpage/wetwired/

I will fix the link on the old website later.

Edit: Everything done! Thanks for the input πŸ™‚

admin
    Keymaster

Well, it looks like I have most of the stuff now. Manuals are there, an online manual for I-War 1 is at dreadnt.com which is linked and I even got the keybinder πŸ™‚

The only thing missing are goodies. Demos, Movies…and of course, the one I-War mission…but I doubt it will ever come up.

Alex.RUS
    Participant

Epic: Middle States is a total conversion mod that enhances the freeform experience of Trade and Piracy in Edge of Chaos. The Middle States introduces a new cluster and the new occupation of merchant trader, as well as forming a platform for future releases.

Epic: Middle States 8.0 http://www.elite-games.ru/downloads/i-war2/mods/epic_setup_8_0.exe πŸ˜‰
    If there is no load, try using a proxy Russia. πŸ™‚

admin
    Keymaster

I thought, “Epic: Middle States” was the old name for “Torn Stars”. I won’t add Torn Stars on this website, as they have their own for it, with mods, documents and other stuff.

I’ll only add Torn Stars if that website goes down one day, so nothing will be lost.

Alex.RUS
    Participant

On our site is written ….
    [Epic: Middle States 8.0] The file was downloaded 2706 times.
    Global events, adds a star cluster with a new system of music, trade and piracy. Installation Manual in English: http://www.i-war2.com/epic/files/ms_tutorial.htm. Developer Site: http://i-war2.com/epic.
    πŸ˜†

Mod “Torn Stars” I have not yet downloaded, be sure to try it.
    It is a pity that you do not want to collect everything in one place.
    Sorry, translation by google. πŸ™‚

admin
    Keymaster

[quote=”Alex.RUS” post=19268]It is a pity that you do not want to collect everything in one place.[/quote]

I do want to collect everything that I can find. But if you look into the forums, you can find this section:

Torn Stars – The new name for Epic: Middle States

I’m pretty sure, Soup named it like this because Torn Stars is the latest version of Epic: Middle States. They have their own website, there is no need to copy everything from them:

http://www.torn-stars.com

Chessking
    Participant

The old I-War website had Torn Stars: Unstable Space for download. It’s also the only one I could get to work. I’ll try the ones from the Torn Stars website again when I reinstall. (Torn Stars: Unstable Space is different from Epic: Middle States because Torn Stars adds unstable and secret jump routes, and the deadly EAMPs. You can also earn a living by discovering unclaimed asteroids and mining them.)

Storm Petrel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.