Who is Online

Home Forums i-war2.com Development Who is Online

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Chessking
    Participant

There seems to be a bug where the people who are currently online will only show if they have just logged in. I have seen my self on the list when I log out and log in again, and I have seen new members on the list. Perhaps I am the only one with this problem, or perhaps other people don’t see my name on the list… I only have one perspective on the issue. Anyways, I would like Shmatzler to let me know if this bug is affecting everyone, if there is a reason why it exists, and if it can be fixed.

This is one tough navy, boy. They donโ€™t give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

IronDuke
    Participant

Good point. It doesn’t say I’m online. :blink:

–IronDuke

I-War 2 Discord: https://discord.gg/RWaabWB
    Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Chessking
    Participant

What I do is log out, and then uncheck “remember me”. This forces me to log in at least once a day, which allows me to be shown on the list.

This is one tough navy, boy. They donโ€™t give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

7upMan
    Participant

Interesting. I have this website open in a browser tab, so it automatically refreshes when I start the browser. However, I never really paid attention to the “Who’s online” indicator. Things are happening slow here, so I kind of expect that an answer – any answer, actually – will take at least a day.

IronDuke
    Participant

It doesn’t help that Schmatzler only checks the forum once in a while. But you can grab his attention with a PM. I sent him one when some spam turned up, and the spam was gone before the day was out. I was half sad; I had posted a funny response, but nobody got to see it. :silly:

–IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Chessking
    Participant

What was that about no-one seeing it? (For some reason, it won’t show the image. :|)

Storm Petrel

IronDuke
    Participant

Oh, how about that! :huh:

–IronDuke

Chessking
    Participant

Your reply to that post was so funny I didn’t know what to say… but I did see it. ๐Ÿ˜†

Storm Petrel

IronyMan
    Participant

Chessking, I can see right now that you’re online, if that helps any.

My internet is very slow and breaks quite often, so that could easily explain why I might not be seen as online. But then, I also don’t have the site open very often.

7upMan
    Participant

[quote=”IronDuke” post=20354]It doesn’t help that Schmatzler only checks the forum once in a while. But you can grab his attention with a PM. I sent him one when some spam turned up, and the spam was gone before the day was out. I was half sad; I had posted a funny response, but nobody got to see it. :silly:

–IronDuke[/quote]

You can always contact him through Steam. Just look in the I-War Steam forum, you’ll quickly find him there.

admin
    Keymaster

Sorry guys,

I was at the hospital for a few days and I’m still not feeling very well.
    This is probably a bug within Kunena, the forum software.

I will look into this when I can concentrate a bit better, hopefully tomorrow. ^.^

Space. The final frontier.

Chessking
    Participant

OK! Good luck with your recovery.

Storm Petrel

IronDuke
    Participant

Hope you get better, mate. A hospitalization sounds serious. ๐Ÿ™‚

–IronDuke

admin
    Keymaster

Alright, this should now be fixed. They changed some stuff in Joomla which broke the Who’s Online functionality in the forums for users that never logged out.

I applied the fix in the bug report to the code here. Fingers crossed that it works. :whistle:

Space. The final frontier.

IronDuke
    Participant

Yeah, I almost never log out. Or at least, the auto-login works fine. Dunno which it is. I just know that I’d never leave this place.
    And it seems to be working, at least for the moment. I saw IronDuke in there. :cheer:

–IronDuke

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.