Useful feature(?): container stacking

Home Forums Torn Stars Useful feature(?): container stacking

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    SRC
    Participant

Hello All,

I’m fiddling with Bineshi’s/Nathan Kinsman’s wonderful IWar2 mod “Unleashed” and some of the features I am trying to implement might be useful as potential features to TS/US.

I’d like to increase the cargo pod capacity of the Unleashed Player ship “Pinguin”, a “City” class freighter converted to a light cruiser (in analogy to the German “armed merchant cruiser” Pinguin that created havoc early in WWII). I’m failing in my attempts to modify Nathan’s .ini and .lws files and am looking for an alternative.

The original EOC Jafs SNRV could double-stack cargo pods. This feature is not available to players in the game as pods have only one dockport. I’m looking into adding a 2nd dockport opposite the first and using the iDockport feature which allows one to command one sim to dock to another, specifying which dockport on each is used, to “double stack” pods on the Pinguin.

This strikes me as an eminently reasonable feature; it’s 20th century container technology.

There ought to be a downside to this; the additional mass would make a ship less maneuverable.

It appears to be straightforward to add additional dockports to the 3 types of standard cargo pods (unlike my thus far failed attempts to add more ports to the Pinguin). Within the game, an inquire function reports 2 “Universal” ports on targeted pods.

If I can get a “pod stacking” function to work, I’ll post code at my EOC “unleashed tweaks” thread. It might be useful in Unstable Space in the future when the more important coding and testing tasks are finished.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.