Torn Stars Add on Mods

Home Forums Torn Stars Torn Stars Add on Mods

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    d3rt13n
    Participant

To whom it might concern,

Since the Torn Stars website is offline I would like to share some mods for Unstable Space with the community that I have made for this game a while ago.

here are the links:

Xtra Ships

readme:

This adds: Wasp, Hornet, Marauder Cutter, Corporate Cutter, and the 3 freighters to different stations for purchase.

Emerald Navy Skin

readme:

The Emerald navy now flies these craft with their respective paintjobs:

Heavy Corvette (average, strong, elite)
    Patcom (average, strong, elite)
    Storm Petrel (average, strong, elite)
    Hornet Interceptor (replaces the marauder fighter)
    tug (average, strong, elite)

IFF Signature Scrambler

IFF scrambler

readme:

Purchase blank IFF beacons from the podscrapper ship and activate them when you are at least 1000 Km from any station.

This tool will work to mask your signature as being friendly for your ship only, this would be useful for dealing first shots while raiding convoys. It will not work on wingmen and it will not work to get a better standing for purchasing cargo or equipment. Station and internal ship security will not be fooled by the IFF Scrambler.

Original programming:

GPtrout (grandpatrout)

d3rt13n
    Participant

admin
    Keymaster

Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

I will add these to the download section soon.

Space. The final frontier.

d3rt13n
    Participant

Hello There,

I have updated the Emerald Navy Skins package so that the Corvettes’ weapon pylons don’t free float in space anymore.

In addition, I added a Maas Cutter to the Emerald Navy coulours since they work together according to the lore.

Note that in the background the original version of the planet Emerald is still visible.

New Updated Xtra Ships

Since Unstable Space runs quite stable on my system, I have created a new nebula background as you can see in the screenshots. I have also reinserted the dynamic stars and have been playing around with a planet creator software package:

Results look good:

Screenshots:

Upload coming soon.

Chessking
    Participant

Awesome! That background is especially neat. I just noticed, all of your screenshots are incredibly high quality.

This is one tough navy, boy. They donโ€™t give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

admin
    Keymaster

Nice! Our old I-War sure looks good! ๐Ÿ™‚ Even without the DX8 patch.

Chessking
    Participant

I’ve never heard of a DX8 patch.

This is one tough navy, boy. They donโ€™t give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

admin
    Keymaster

It’s finished and one of the I-War 2 developers has it.

But it’s never been released ๐Ÿ™

Chessking
    Participant

๐Ÿ™ :angry: ๐Ÿ™ :angry: … ๐Ÿ™ :angry:

What else can I say?

Storm Petrel

d3rt13n
    Participant

Would be cool to have that patch, I’ve never heard of it either. I still enjoy playing it, since the space flight model is still unrivaled, even by ED. If you come to take a closer look at the mechanics, theres actually a lot of I-War 2 in Elite Dangerous.

Supercruise = LDS
    The Frameshift jump = Capsule jump
    The different loadouts etc…

By the way;

The textures source I used came from a guy called Ladyrapid. He has a page on deviantart here:

link

I was goofballing around a bit with the warp tool and they actually came out well, so I will ask him if he’s ok with me releasing the nebula package here and you can all enjoy it ingame. Credits for the grafics go totally to him.

The planets are another matter, they are procedurally generated and I can release them at my leisure, and will upload them when I am done with them. I might play with the Nebula textures some more afterwards.

Our old I-War 2 still looks fantastic. The dialogues in the campaign are superb and have character, unlike the lifeless robot dialogs in X Rebirth. If someone would start an I-War 3 as a kickstarter even with the same story but better grafics, I would gladly spend money on it. An I-War Remastered with a Comsec and ships that have the detail of the one below:

I was surfing around the web looking for good images of the original I war ships: found this by Daedalus29:

Heres the link to the forum post:

link

Chessking
    Participant

That is one sweet ComSec!

I have been becoming more and more interested in PCG since I heard of Limit Theory from Iron Duke. I have played around with the built in Perlin noise function and my own algorithms at the following links:

planet/sky generator
    organized starfield

Also, here’s more about the I-War 3 topic, with regards to legal complications:

Will there ever be I-War 3

Which reminds me, I have something to add to that thread…

Storm Petrel

admin
    Keymaster

[quote=”d3rt13n” post=19841]Would be cool to have that patch, I’ve never heard of it either.[/quote]

I could try contacting Stephen Robertson and Atari about it, maybe they’ll give the go after all these years. But I doubt it ๐Ÿ™

Those ComSec renders are wonderful! OMG! So excited about this. I think they are worth mentioning on the frontpage…just to get rid of the Funhaus guys, they’ve stayed long enough! ๐Ÿ˜€

cambragol
    Participant

I just noticed that the Torn Stars site has been down. I haven’t visited it for quite a while now. I have it working again, and would be more than happy to host your mods, d3rt13n.

They look great, and the ships are similar to a set of ships I made for the Emerald Alliance, Sultanate, CMC and a few other factions. I had a whole set of them, but I never got to put them into the game. I think.

In any case, Torn Stars should be able to accept your mods if you are registered and log in. If that doesn’t work I will just add them myself.

They look fantastic.

[center][url=โ€http://www.torn-stars.comโ€][img]http://www.torn-stars.com/images/testsig.gif[/img][/url][/center]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.