The Expanse – I-War as a book series

Home Forums Blue Note Social Club The Expanse – I-War as a book series

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Oh my god, it comes earlier!

20 days left <3

http://deadline.com/2015/11/the-expanse-digital-premiere-syfy-series-1201604928/

Space. The final frontier.

7upMan
    Participant

This is good news! I put all my hopes in the capper community! πŸ˜‰

admin
    Keymaster

The first episode was a blast. Marvellous 3D effects, great actors and even some appearances from very familiar faces!

Get your meds and your mouthpiece, the ship is launching! <3

7upMan
    Participant

Watched the first ep already. It’s definitely quite close to the book, although – as was already known from the trailer – Avisarala, whose first appearance was in the second book, was moved to the first season. So this probably won’t be done like in Game of Thrones with one book, one season. Then again, you never know the execs. πŸ˜‰

The production value is very high, as is the attention to detail. When the Belters talk to each other in their slang, it’s just awesome! Also, they chose actors with really long limbs, which helps convey the image of Belters.

However, apparently there’s still enough air in space so that you can hear sound. Gravity did a better job there. Still, that’s complaining on a very high level. πŸ˜‰

admin
    Keymaster

Due to a mistake by Comcast episodes 3 and 4 have been leaked. 2 is still missing, though – so I will not watch them yet.

Edit: Looks like someone got hold of episode 2, too. I’m outta here for a few hours! πŸ˜›

7upMan
    Participant

Yeah, but can you tell me if the OSEC capped file is worth the download? I got a warning that OSEC sometimes cuts the end or has issues with playback on some devices (and I watch my eps with a BD player).

admin
    Keymaster

According to the guys over at kat.cr, the episode is fine. 0SEC tends to cut off the credits, though.

7upMan
    Participant

Also, I just found the internal web-dl release, which is supposed to be even better. Well, we’ll see…

admin
    Keymaster

The Expanse has been canceled yesterday by SyFy.
    At least there are eight episodes left to enjoy, but damn. I REALLY hate this station.

They call themselves a Science Fiction channel and yet they cancel everything that’s in this genre. First Dark Matter and now this.
    SyFy doesn’t deserve this genre.

I doubt Netflix will pick it up.

7upMan
    Participant

Oh crap, thank you for the warning. The season so far has been incredible. Shame on SyFy. Then again, this line gives me hope:

This may not be the end of the show, however, as its producer Alcon plans to shop it around to other networks.

source: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/the-expanse-season-4-cancelled-syfy-rotten-tomatoes-series-tv-show-a8346301.html

Chessking
    Participant

Sounds like Amazon picked up the series.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don’t give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

admin
    Keymaster

Yes they did!

I am very happy about that. The Expanse is enough of a reason for me to get a Prime subscription.

7upMan
    Participant

This is actually the first time that I think Amazon and especially Jeff Bezos did a good thing, as it was his personal effort to get this show over to Amazon.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.