Is it true? (Dagda System Fix)

Home Forums General I-War Talk Is it true? (Dagda System Fix)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Atheist Antichrist
    Participant

It works?  The Dagda system doesn’t crash anymore?  Wow! After so, so long I can play through the game?  This changes things for sure

[img]https://i.ibb.co/NpPkGh7/Sig-I-Wafinal.png[/img]

“It’s better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt”
    -Mark Twain

IronDuke
    Participant

Yes. The Community Patch contains a fix for this, a fix for the Wolf’s Lair progression bug, and I believe a few other small fixes. It was developed by folks over on the Discord server.

I-War 2 Discord: https://discord.gg/RWaabWB
    Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. 🙂

Sarxis
    Participant

It’s pretty crazy what a bunch of old fogies can do when they are just sitting around mulling over twenty year old code bugs ≽ܫ≼

Alalkelele
    Participant

Indeed, thank you for your service

admin
    Keymaster

I have asked GOG about including this patch as well as the NoCD patch in their digital release of the game. Fingers crossed!

If that’s successful I might attempt to also contact Atari about the Steam release of the game. Last time I tried to contact them I was just met with silence, so I’m not holding a lot of hope. But we’ll see.

Space. The final frontier.

Sarxis
    Participant

[quote=”schmatzler post=20925 userid=2050″]I have asked GOG about including this patch as well as the NoCD patch in their digital release of the game. Fingers crossed!

If that’s successful I might attempt to also contact Atari about the Steam release of the game. Last time I tried to contact them I was just met with silence, so I’m not holding a lot of hope. But we’ll see.
     [/quote]
    It would probably be enough if there was a sticky post in the I-War forums at GoG with links to the patches.   Funnily enough, they still have a sticky post there stating i-war2.com is closing in 2015. Ha!  

I suppose GoG could include the fixes with the installer and some instructions on how to enable it.  Atari probably doesn’t care about this game though after so long.  

Alalkelele
    Participant

I tried to contact Atari 2 days ago to get the green light for the Direct X 8 patch, we’ll see, wouldn’t hurt if we all did it, power in number.

Alalkelele
    Participant

It is definitely in GoG’s interest to avoid bad publicity and sell a product that is not corrupt, as for us, it brings more happy players and therefore more potential modders.

admin
    Keymaster

[quote=”Sarxis post=20926 userid=2063″]Funnily enough, they still have a sticky post there stating i-war2.com is closing in 2015. Ha!
     [/quote]
    Yes, that was created back in 2014 when soup decided to close the website and the title was never changed after I took it over. I always post in there when we have a major update here and a few people seem to follow it, so it serves it’s purpose, I guess. 😉

I also think Atari doesn’t care at all. They only put the games on Steam after I redesigned the website because they maybe thought it had enough activity to make a bit of money. But the Steam release was extremely botched. Missing mouse control file, wrong game image from Alone in the Dark, goggame.dll included (so they just copied the folder from there) and never updated. That’s why I lost hope about that.

Space. The final frontier.

Sarxis
    Participant

Yeah I noticed that goggame.dll in the Steam install. I was wondering why that was in there lol

The most difficult part for me to get IW2 running again was trying to find any old random .iso to mount so it would get past the ‘insert game disc’ warning. I haven’t used an .iso in over ten years! ≽ܫ≼

Alalkelele
    Participant
    Sarxis
    Participant

[quote=”Alalkelele post=20934 userid=2513″]https://i-war2.com/downloads/download/4-patches-fixes/457-eoc-nocd-patch-22-november-2023[/quote]
    Oh wow!  Even that got fixed!  Thanks for letting me know. 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.