IronDuke’s Patch

Home Forums Mods and POG Scripting IronDuke’s Patch

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Chessking
    Participant

I think you are right. Beauty shots overrides the files as well, on top of your mod. All I have to do to test the interceptor is copy the .ini from your mod into Beauty Shots. I guess I got a bit confused about how I-war works because I haven’t been modding files for so long.

After putting your .ini in Beauty Shots, the patcom indeed has two PBCs. However, they are not linked. I have to hit enter to fire the other PBC. Can you explain this?

Also, I was going to mention I found another bug. Start the game and fly the ComSec. Go into external view. Strafe right, and all of the air-thrusters for both left and right will fire. Strafe left, and none of them will. The same issue is apparent with the other directions of motion.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don’t give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

IronDuke
    Participant

The fire control goofs are due to the fact that NPCs can fire any combination of weapons simultaneously so they never coded linked weapons. I never found a way to fix it.

As for the thrusters, that’s just the animation, right? That’s a bug I know of but forgot about; they didn’t link the lateral thruster animations with the actual input values correctly. Some mod did fix it; might have been Unleashed Mod. I’ll have to check at some point and see.

–IronDuke

I-War 2 Discord: https://discord.gg/RWaabWB
    Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. 🙂

Chessking
    Participant

I downloaded the mod that replaces the command section/storm petrel with the police interceptor, and the PBCs were linked, so it is possible… at least with player ships. Your mod is not intended for player controlled vehicles. I only encountered the problem by remote controlling the other ship in Beauty Shots.

As for the thrusters, yes it is just the animation. That would be great if you could separate the fix from its host mod, so it can be applied to the default game and instant action. B)

I haven’t tested everything in your patch, but I am pretty sure it all works. Good job!

This is one tough navy, boy. They don’t give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

IronDuke
    Participant

Yes, I know it’s possible with players. :V Obviously, since all the player ships have proper groups of same-weapon-types. NPCs don’t get to have those, and it’s reflected when you REM-link to them. Each weapon gets its own individual group.
    When I say player vs NPC, I’m referring to the pilot installed. In the code, there’s a pog class called Pilot or something of that sort, I don’t remember exactly. But for a ship to move, it must be controlled by a Pilot. Being controlled by a Pilot tagged as Player means that the player’s input controls the ship. Being controlled by a Pilot tagged as AI means, surprise surprise, an AI controls it. When you REM-link, the AI Pilot is removed and a Player Pilot installed, and vice-versa when you kill the link. As far as I can tell, any ship initially set up with an AI pilot has all the weapons in their own groups, while any set up initially with a Player Pilot has same-type weapons in the same group. I suppose it was easier to code that way or something, I dunno.

Anyway, yeah, I’ll poke around my massive mod collection and see whether I can find one that changes the thruster animations.

–IronDuke

I-War 2 Discord: https://discord.gg/RWaabWB
    Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.