Edge Of Chaos Online

Home Forums MultiPlayer Edge Of Chaos Online

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Chessking
    Participant

I have been trying to sign up for Edge Of Chaos Online, but the password isn’t sent to me. I believe this is because the page http://eoc.dialin.co.uk/menu.css is down.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don’t give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

admin
    Keymaster

I didn’t get an e-mail, too. I don’t think it has something to do with CSS, since that’s just a styling language.

Maybe the guys who host this forgot to set up their mailserver which makes the whole game useless.

I’ll try to find out who’s hosting the game and contact them.

Edit:

According to the WHOIS database, dialin.co.uk belongs to http://www.flipsidegroup.com/ – will contact them.

Edit #2: But it may very well be that Flipside is just the hoster, because they also have flipsidedata where they sell servers and hosting.

I will also try to contact http://www.thevisionstudios.com/

Space. The final frontier.

Chessking
    Participant

Thanks!

This is one tough navy, boy. They don’t give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

admin
    Keymaster

Someone from flipsidedata promised to look into it. 🙂 That was faster than I expected.

7upMan
    Participant

What is this anyway? Did someone copy your server script and decide to run an EoC server? Just asking.

admin
    Keymaster

No, EoC Online is a browser game. They put it out as advertisement prior to the release of Edge of Chaos. So it’s reeeeaaally old.

To be honest, I’m very surprised that this even survived over all these years. Someone at flipside must be an I-War fan. 🙂

Update from flipside:

Hi Ronny, I think this may have been incorrect SPF records for the dialin.co.uk domain (it is only used for legacy stuff now). Please try again.

It didn’t work a minute ago, but it may take time for the DNS to go around the world. Will try it later.

admin
    Keymaster

They just fixed it! 🙂 Time for a match. 😀

Chessking
    Participant

Sweet! However, I was assigned Mass corporation. That’s okay, but if I had a choice, I would choose Oman. 🙂

Storm Petrel

admin
    Keymaster

I was assigned to Maas, too.

It’s a shame that we don’t host the game. It seems really complex and you can do a lot of things. Sadly, the fonts and menus are a bit broken on modern browsers 🙁

Chessking
    Participant

You’re Mass too? I figured you were Oman, since there were two Oman dominated systems on the map. I am capsule jumping to Dagda Delta. In Google Chrome, the fonts look okay. However, there are a few things out of alignment.

Storm Petrel

admin
    Keymaster

I’m jumping there too. But I guess we won’t be able to fight each other since we’re both Maas. 😛

Yeah, I meant the misalignment issues.

Chessking
    Participant

I suggest investigating that Oman activity.

Storm Petrel

Chessking
    Participant

I am attacking that Oman around Baal. I hope he fights back, he doesn’t seem to have been doing anything.

In addition, I will be using Internet Explorer instead of Chrome for EOC Online, since Chrome doesn’t play the cutscenes (intended to keep me from firing all of my shots at once).

Storm Petrel

Chessking
    Participant

Hey there’s finally someone to fight! Another Oman.

Storm Petrel

7upMan
    Participant

Just signed on for the first time, I’m an MCA, jumping to Balley’s World. It says the jump will take 5 moves. How do I end my move? Please help!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.