Complete website overhaul?

Home Forums i-war2.com Development Complete website overhaul?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

In the last few weeks a lot has happened:

– Our forum software got a new major release and the developers completely removed the old theme support.

So I will have to redesign the style of the forum from scratch.

– The comments system has been made commercial and free versions are not offered anymore. I’d have to pay 70 bucks a year just for the comments.

So I will have to implement a different comment system, migrate all of the current comments and redesign that one from scratch, too.

This is already a lot. I’m thinking about redesigning the website completely if I’m already forced to do a lot of that anyways.

Do you guys care about a mobile friendly website you can browse with your phones? Or should I spend the time for making this elsewhere? πŸ˜‰

Space. The final frontier.

IronDuke
    Participant

Well, I don’t website on phones, since all I have is a dumbphone, so you know what my answer to that is.
    Do whatever you have to, sure. I just don’t see the point of doing things that may be completely unnecessary. Phones can zoom in, you know. πŸ˜›

–IronDuke

I-War 2 Discord: https://discord.gg/RWaabWB
    Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. πŸ™‚

Chessking
    Participant

I have a dumbphone as well, which is why I don’t care. The only reason I see for a mobile website to be made is for someone who visits the forum often, but has limited access to a computer and could not keep up with developments otherwise. I honestly don’t think that person exists.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don’t give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

7upMan
    Participant

+1. I don’t see the need for a mobile friendly website either. After all, I-War 1/2 is a PC based game, so it’s safe to assume that whoever accesses the website has one available.

admin
    Keymaster

Alright, it looks like your opinions are very well aligned! πŸ˜‰

I’ll keep the current design and will only make some small technical adjustments to get future versions of the forum software running.

Because currently it looks like this:
    forum.jpg

The comments system has already been replaced and as a result, the number of comments even shows up in the download section now. Hooray!

You’ve lost all your comment thread subscriptions, though. :unsure:

Space. The final frontier.

IronDuke
    Participant

[quote=”schmatzler” post=20427]
    You’ve lost all your comment thread subscriptions, though. :unsure:[/quote]
    That’s OK. I was subbed to pretty much all of the ones in the mod section, but nobody ever comments. :V If people want to get more info from me, that’s what PM is for.

–IronDuke

I-War 2 Discord: https://discord.gg/RWaabWB
    Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.